Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Read the fine print attached to cheap flight deals....

               The issue of air-tickets to Europe had been settled a couple of months ago ---or so I thought. As I am meeting my wife Jian on November 1st. (at the completion of the Rhine River walk) in Milan, Italy for a 2 week holiday, Venice, Florence & Rome to celebrate 20 happy years, I purchased my ticket on the internet/'Fare Geek' for a Toronto-Milan return, with a change of planes in Brussels. On my way out, it had been my plan to check my bags to, & leave the flight in Brussels, taking the bus for the short leg up to Amsterdam. NOT possible to deplane enroute according to the law of cheap tickets--costs more to travel to Brussels than it does all the way to Milan. Go figure! Trans-Atlantic leg to Italy from Canada on Jet (India) Air.            
          Plan B: purchase a 98 euro Easy Jet ticket back to Amsterdam. A long day of travel, but much better than arriving with my wife at Milan airport in November and finding that the return portion of my ticket back to Canada had been most likely cancelled.
         Try getting a deal on a one way ticket for same day travel back to Canada at 6.00am at Milan airport. Feel lucky that I learned in advance of this possible drawback to cheap ticket deals. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment